Join us in stewarding and conserving our ecosystems and resources.
What You Can Do
- Take the Pollinator Safe Pledge
- Establish a Backyard Habitat for Wildlife
- Track Neighborhood Biodiversity with iNaturalist
- Join the Compost Buddy Program (email email@example.com to learn more)
What the Neighborhood is Doing
- Hosts an annual Paint Recycling Day
- Runs the Compost Buddy Program
What the City is Doing
Lakewood’s Sustainability Plan is to mitigate the negative effects of the built environment and human behavior on Lakewood’s natural systems to ensure biodiversity and enhance ecosystem services.
- Increase the acreage of functional and healthy natural ecosystems.
- Ensure that all waters within Lakewood meet or exceed the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment’s Water Quality Standards for the uses assigned.
- Achieve tree canopy coverage of 30 percent by 2025.