Join us in promoting energy conservation and the use
of renewable energy sources throughout
What You Can Do
- Conduct a home energy audit
- Use Project Sunroof to estimate the amount of energy you can save through solar panels
- Install solar panels
- Check out a “Power Check” meter from the City to learn about how much energy your appliances use.
What the Neighborhood is Doing
What the City is Doing
Lakewood’s Sustainability Plan is to ensure affordable energy for Lakewood while transitioning to renewable energy sources.
- Generate 45 percent of municipal, residential commercial and industrial energy from renewable sources by 2025.
- Reduce municipal building and facility energy use by 30 percent by 2025.
- Reduce citywide building energy use intensity by 20 percent by 2025.
- Increase the percentage of certified green buildings each year from 2015 to 2025.